www-repository mailing list archives

From Erik Abele <e...@codefaktor.de>
Subject Re: repository documentation
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2006 23:30:42 GMT
On 10.01.2006, at 22:52, robert burrell donkin wrote:

> AIUI the repository team prefers to keep documentation in the wiki.
> this
> has some advantages and some disadvantages (including the risk of urls
> and content changing).
>
> does the repository team have an official web site and official
> documentation (or is it all in the wiki)?

While the wiki is fine while working on stuff it doesn't make sense
for any official guidelines; these should be always placed at http://
www.apache.org/dev/.

> if it's all in the wiki is this a conscious permanent decision or
> is the
> intention to have a proper web site one day?

The goal of this list was to come up with official procedures and
policies of the repository's usage - so unless there's something at /
dev/ I consider this attempt to be failed...

> many relatively communities don't really know that the repository team
> exists or what it's role is. i think that it'd be a good idea to add a
> brief description together with appropriate links. anyone want to
> set me
> out on the right track?

You can always start at http://www.apache.org/dev/drafts/ - that's
the working area; when the doc is ready to be published we can move
it to http://www.apache.org/dev/... that's all there is to it...

Cheers,
Erik