www-repository mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <rdon...@apache.org>
Subject repository documentation
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2006 21:52:33 GMT
i'm making another effort with the developer documentation available in
foundation and especially with the release related material. one area
where we're not scaling very well ATM is that projects without old hands
as release managers are finding it difficult locating the information
they need.

AFAIK there isn't anything repository related in the developer
documentation.

AIUI the repository team prefers to keep documentation in the wiki. this
has some advantages and some disadvantages (including the risk of urls
and content changing).

does the repository team have an official web site and official
documentation (or is it all in the wiki)?

if it's all in the wiki is this a conscious permanent decision or is the
intention to have a proper web site one day?

many relatively communities don't really know that the repository team
exists or what it's role is. i think that it'd be a good idea to add a
brief description together with appropriate links. anyone want to set me
out on the right track?

- robert