www-repository mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <brett.por...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven repository policies
Date Tue, 27 Dec 2005 23:59:24 GMT
On 12/27/05, Henk P. Penning <henkp@apache.org> wrote:
>   I noticed that the first artifacts are appearing in 'maven-repository'.
>   The stuff isn't signed, and I don't see a 'deployment/cleanup hook' ;
>   Am I missing something ?

I will chase them up. I told them they had to sign them manually, and
it hasn't happened.

I think we might need to rethink whether this belongs in /dist/ if it
needs to be cleaned up. The repository is meant to house historical
versions so that builds remain reproducible. Maybe the better
alternative is to move them directly to archive.apache.org, or move
them to a completely separate web server so that there is only one
copy, and the mirroring is all done through Maven's repository system
rather than the Apache mirror system. Thoughts?

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Brett