www-repository mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <brett.por...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: File permissions in java-repository
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2005 05:30:26 GMT
On 10/6/05, Niclas Hedhman <niclas@hedhman.org> wrote:
> I got the impression you need to modify the POM file itself...

cp, edit, remove original, rename. It's safer too :)

> But I also agree with Dion that a "proper" solution is better than a "quick"
> solution, so indeed push the issue back to the projects, or you are forever
> stuck in maintaining this.

I agree too, but have generally done them in tandem.

Fix in the repository, then file a bug in the project (with a patch)
to apply to their own project.xml.

For commons, I am happy to commit any fixes you have. I've previously
said to the dev list I'd do it and nobody is likely to complain if we
are improving the usability of their library.

- Brett