www-repository mailing list archives

From Carlos Sanchez <car...@apache.org>
Subject Re: File permissions in java-repository
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2005 23:20:12 GMT
What I have seen before is:

- projects that use maven for building, they usually acept changes,
but may take time for them apply the changes in scm and republish the
pom
- projects that don't use maven but have a maven pom because somebody
commited it sometime. They won't usually be very kind to commit the
changes and if they do it'll take more time than the previous case.
- projects that don't use maven nor have maven files. We just change
whatever we want in ibiblio.

Sorry for being pesimist, but this is what my experience tells me.

Now, solutions, I'd go with changing it in ibiblio or apache, the
latest may be a problem because a project may complain if I touch
their files, and file an issue in the project bug tracker pointing to
the updated datafile.