www-repository mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Release to ibiblio Maven repo
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 15:40:56 GMT
On Thursday 01 September 2005 21:31, Sasvata (Shash) Chatterjee wrote:
> I have been told by members of our PMC (Aaron Farr and Leo Simons) that
> we should put up the JARs at http://www.apache.org/dist/java-repository
> and that will get mirrored to the ibiblio Maven repo.  Is that the
> correct method?

Yes, provided that it is jars from "released" products/projects. Unreleased,
snapshots, betas and similar should not be placed there, and that they should
all contain checksums and signatures, which in turn preferably should be
published on the project website (excalibur.apache.org in your case.)

And all committers should have access to do so as well.

Cheers
Niclas