www-repository mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SNAPSHOTs in java-repository
Date Mon, 15 Aug 2005 21:01:31 GMT

Le 14 août 05, à 11:19, Henk P. Penning a écrit :

> Hi,
>
>   Yesterday these (identical files) were added to the repository:
>
>     -rw-r--r--  1 polx  Aug 13 15:41 commons-jelly-SNAPHSOT.jar
>     -rw-rw-r--  1 dion  Aug 13 15:41 commons-jelly-SNAPSHOT.jar
>
> Paul, Dion,
>
>   -- SNAPSHOTs (and SNAPHSOTs :-) should not be published in
> 'www.apache.org/dist/java-repository' ; they should go to the (non
> mirrored) 'cvs.apache.org', as per
>  http://wiki.apache.org/asfrepository/BrettPorter

Thanks Henk for the warning,
I was looking for info on how to do this and only found:
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/releases/release.html
which mentions
    http://wiki.apache.org/asfrepository
But does not mention
http://wiki.apache.org/asfrepository/BrettPorter

>   -- software in 'www.apache.org/dist/' should be versioned, and not
> be rewritten ; commons-jelly-SNAPHSOT.jar was already in the
> repository since Wed Aug 10 2005.

Much earlier, I think.
I'm fine to remove any (non-dated) *-SNAPSHOT.jar of jelly at least
(and probably most others).

> See http://people.apache.org/~henkp/md5/
>      and click
>        java-repository/commons-jelly/jars/commons-jelly-SNAPSHOT.jar
>   Please cleanup typos (SNAPHSOT) and move SNAPSHOTs over to
>   'cvs.apache.org'.
> repository@apache.org,

So I'd suggest we adapt Jelly's project.properties which contains it
all (at least).

But... these wiki pages need some clean-up.
Henk, can you be correcting
  http://wiki.apache.org/asfrepository/
?

thanks