www-repository mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Maven repository policies
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2005 18:37:37 GMT
On Friday 29 July 2005 01:45, robert burrell donkin wrote:
> maybe i'm missing the reason why organisation structure needs to be
> embedded in the structure of the repository...

IIUIC, there are 3 issues on the table;

 1. Reduction of entries in any given directory at the resource host.

 2. Pattern to ensure conflicts will not occur over time, when groups are
created outside the control of the Maven/Repository team itself.

 3. Pattern to ensure that if two developers independently artifactize the
same resource, they will come up with the same group and name. (A bit
unrealistic, but noble idea  :o)  )

Personally, I think package names would work well enough. If Castor is a
hopeless example, wouldn't a simple Google;
   castor site:www.ibiblio.org/maven
provide all the answer you are looking for ?

Cheers
Niclas