www-repository mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <brett.por...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposal for a centralized Eclipse update manager site for Apache projects/software
Date Wed, 04 May 2005 14:54:18 GMT
> Btw, is there any rules that govern what a project
> can drop or not drop into the respository?

Anything otherwise distributable should be fine.

As far as I'm concerned, the repository is still the right place for
these - perhaps under /eclipse-plugins/ (or some more suitable name)
instead of /jars/.

As I mentioned, this would apply for non-ASF projects using the other
Maven repositories as well if Eclipse was able to use this repository
layout to retrieve them.

It should also be possible for projects using Maven to publish their
Eclipse plugins along with their main distributions at release time,
if Maven develops a way to construct them and store the necessary
information in the proejct's one source code repository. I imagine
this is a pretty simple task, but it's something to think about when
projects start to take this up.

Cheers,
Brett