www-repository mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Where to publish Xalan code on http://www.apache.org/dist (fwd)
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2005 13:53:04 GMT
As I was discussing in the jakarta-general list earlier. There are a
number of projects with mavan project properties setup with the
following parameter.

maven.repo.remote=http://www.apache.org/dist/java-repository/,http://www.ibiblio.org

Bretts correct that in this case the requests should fall over to
ibibilio. It would be wise that Projects probably shouldn't be
hardcoding the java-repository here. They should leave assigning this
param upto the release manager for the project and use the default for
all their development.

There is another case:

maven.repo.central.directory=/www/www.apache.org/dist/java-repository

this is actually bad as well, because the developers cutting interim
builds will deploy them accidentally into the java-repository. I feel
that this should be avoided as well by everyone but the release manager.

-Mark

--
Mark Diggory
Open Source Software Developer