www-repository mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Where to publish Xalan code on http://www.apache.org/dist (fwd)
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2005 00:04:31 GMT
Dion,

Maybe I formed my ideas earlier in Mavens history when SNAPSHOT was
simply a symlink that could be moved to point at any release. Some
places in the repository actually have SNAPSHOT symlinks that point to a
fully versioned releases... These are not interim builds...

lrwxrwxr-x  1 jvanzyl    apcvs     26 Jan 17  2004
excalibur-logger-SNAPSHOT.jar -> excalibur-logger-1.0.1.jar
lrwxrwxr-x  1 rdonkin   apcvs      16 Jul 19 15:18 jaxme-rt-SNAPSHOT.jar
-> jaxme-rt-0.3.jar
lrwxrwxr-x  1 rdonkin   apcvs      16 Jul 19 15:17 jaxme-xs-SNAPSHOT.jar
-> jaxme-xs-0.3.jar

Clearly there is vague definition here if this symlink can point at a
release like this.

Some are concerned that removing these could cause some folks distros to
break. Though, no one in thier right mind should release against a SNAPSHOT.

-Mark

--
Mark Diggory
Open Source Software Developer