www-repository mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Maven and repository@apache.org
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2005 10:40:35 GMT

Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> On Wednesday 05 January 2005 16:39, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>>The Depot project SVN
>>is still there, ready to be used if/when needed by the Maven project.
>
>>>From the Magic project we have spun off what we call Transit, which provides a

> simple, flexible and powerful solution to artifact management and handling.
> Interested?

I'm sorry to say... no, I'm not.

I've already done the error of trying to spun off Depot, and I won't do
it again. There is only one Apache project that has actually done
something in the repository area and that's Maven.

IMO we should concentrate on that, and make the Maven artifact handling
better and used by all Apache and non-Apache projects.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -