www-repository mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Dain Sundstrom <d...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: Geronimo files in Java-repository?
Date Sun, 02 May 2004 17:17:07 GMT
Good.  Looks like I did put the version 1.0-M1 files in correct  
directory (/www/www.apache.org/dist/java-repository).  When we get out  
daily builds working we'll publish them to  
(/www/cvs.apache.org/repository).

Are you concerned about the traffic the SNAPSHOT builds will generate  
on cvs.apache.org?  We figure there are about 100 SNAPSHOT checks every  
time we build (20 modules * 5 avg SNAPSHOT deps each).  That seems like  
a huge amount of traffic for the apache servers, which is why we  
thought you were publishing SNAPSHOTs to ibiblio.

BTW, is this a new policy?  I noticed that there are many apache  
projects with SNAPSHOTs published on ibiblio.

I personally prefer to see the Geronimo SNAPSHOTs up on ibiblio as  
there are several other projects using our snapshots.

-dain

On May 1, 2004, at 12:08 PM, Mark R. Diggory wrote:

> Nightly Builds Are considered non-releases and shouldn't be  
> distributed to the mirrors. To resolve this issue we are working on  
> the following:
>
> Full releases (mirrored):
> /www/www.apache.org/dist/java-repository
>
> Be very careful about placing content here, you should use a staging  
> area outside the mirror and then move everything in when you have the  
> permissions and md5 signatures correctly setup.
>
> Nightly/interm builds
> /www/cvs.apache.org/repository
>
> This for nightly builds. The opinion here is that we are not  
> distributing anything that is not an "official versioned release" to  
> third parties such as Ibiblio.
>
> -Mark Diggory
>
> Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>
>> As I understand it, these should have gone to
>> cvs.apache.org/repository/incubator-geronimo.
>> Please talk with Mark Diggory about the ASF Repository layout,  
>> policies, and
>> other details.
>> 	--- Noel
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Cron Daemon [mailto:root@minotaur.apache.org]
>> Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2004 3:45
>> To: root@minotaur.apache.org
>> Subject: Cron <root@minotaur> /usr/local/bin/rsync -av
>> www.apache.org::apache-dist /www/archive.apache.org/dist/
>> receiving file list ... done
>> ./
>> java-repository/
>> java-repository/geronimo/
>> java-repository/geronimo-spec/jars/
>> java-repository/geronimo/jars/
>> java-repository/geronimo/plugins/
>> java-repository/geronimo/wars/
>> DATE
>> java-repository/geronimo-spec/jars/geronimo-spec-ejb-1.0-M1.jar
>> java-repository/geronimo-spec/jars/geronimo-spec-ejb-1.0-M1.jar.md5
>> java-repository/geronimo-spec/jars/geronimo-spec-j2ee-1.0-M1.jar
>> java-repository/geronimo-spec/jars/geronimo-spec-j2ee-1.0-M1.jar.md5
>> java-repository/geronimo-spec/jars/geronimo-spec-j2ee-connector-1.0- 
>> M1.jar
>> java-repository/geronimo-spec/jars/geronimo-spec-j2ee-connector-1.0- 
>> M1.jar.m
>> d5
>> java-repository/geronimo-spec/jars/geronimo-spec-j2ee-deployment-1.0- 
>> M1.jar
>> java-repository/geronimo-spec/jars/geronimo-spec-j2ee-deployment-1.0- 
>> M1.jar.
>> md5
>> java-repository/geronimo-spec/jars/geronimo-spec-j2ee-jacc-1.0-M1.jar
>> java-repository/geronimo-spec/jars/geronimo-spec-j2ee-jacc-1.0- 
>> M1.jar.md5
>> java-repository/geronimo-spec/jars/geronimo-spec-j2ee-management-1.0- 
>> M1.jar
>> java-repository/geronimo-spec/jars/geronimo-spec-j2ee-management-1.0- 
>> M1.jar.
>> md5
>> java-repository/geronimo-spec/jars/geronimo-spec-j2eeschema-1.0-M1.jar
>> java-repository/geronimo-spec/jars/geronimo-spec-j2eeschema-1.0- 
>> M1.jar.md5
>> java-repository/geronimo-spec/jars/geronimo-spec-jms-1.0-M1.jar
>> java-repository/geronimo-spec/jars/geronimo-spec-jms-1.0-M1.jar.md5
>> java-repository/geronimo-spec/jars/geronimo-spec-jsp-1.0-M1.jar
>> java-repository/geronimo-spec/jars/geronimo-spec-jsp-1.0-M1.jar.md5
>> java-repository/geronimo-spec/jars/geronimo-spec-jta-1.0-M1.jar
>> java-repository/geronimo-spec/jars/geronimo-spec-jta-1.0-M1.jar.md5
>> java-repository/geronimo-spec/jars/geronimo-spec-servlet-1.0-M1.jar
>> java-repository/geronimo-spec/jars/geronimo-spec-servlet-1.0- 
>> M1.jar.md5
>> java-repository/geronimo/jars/geronimo-clustering-1.0-M1.jar
>> java-repository/geronimo/jars/geronimo-clustering-1.0-M1.jar.md5
>> java-repository/geronimo/jars/geronimo-common-1.0-M1.jar
>> java-repository/geronimo/jars/geronimo-common-1.0-M1.jar.md5
>> java-repository/geronimo/jars/geronimo-connector-1.0-M1.jar
>> java-repository/geronimo/jars/geronimo-connector-1.0-M1.jar.md5
>> java-repository/geronimo/jars/geronimo-core-1.0-M1.jar
>> java-repository/geronimo/jars/geronimo-core-1.0-M1.jar.md5
>> java-repository/geronimo/jars/geronimo-deployment-1.0-M1.jar
>> java-repository/geronimo/jars/geronimo-deployment-1.0-M1.jar.md5
>> java-repository/geronimo/jars/geronimo-j2ee-1.0-M1.jar
>> java-repository/geronimo/jars/geronimo-j2ee-1.0-M1.jar.md5
>> java-repository/geronimo/jars/geronimo-jetty-1.0-M1.jar
>> java-repository/geronimo/jars/geronimo-jetty-1.0-M1.jar.md5
>> java-repository/geronimo/jars/geronimo-kernel-1.0-M1.jar
>> java-repository/geronimo/jars/geronimo-kernel-1.0-M1.jar.md5
>> java-repository/geronimo/jars/geronimo-naming-1.0-M1.jar
>> java-repository/geronimo/jars/geronimo-naming-1.0-M1.jar.md5
>> java-repository/geronimo/jars/geronimo-network-1.0-M1.jar
>> java-repository/geronimo/jars/geronimo-network-1.0-M1.jar.md5
>> java-repository/geronimo/jars/geronimo-remoting-1.0-M1.jar
>> java-repository/geronimo/jars/geronimo-remoting-1.0-M1.jar.md5
>> java-repository/geronimo/jars/geronimo-security-1.0-M1.jar
>> java-repository/geronimo/jars/geronimo-security-1.0-M1.jar.md5
>> java-repository/geronimo/jars/geronimo-system-1.0-M1.jar
>> java-repository/geronimo/jars/geronimo-system-1.0-M1.jar.md5
>> java-repository/geronimo/jars/geronimo-transaction-1.0-M1.jar
>> java-repository/geronimo/jars/geronimo-transaction-1.0-M1.jar.md5
>> java-repository/geronimo/plugins/geronimo-deployment-plugin-1.0-M1.jar
>> java-repository/geronimo/plugins/geronimo-deployment-plugin-1.0- 
>> M1.jar.md5
>> java-repository/geronimo/plugins/geronimo-xmlbeans-plugin-1.0-M1.jar
>> java-repository/geronimo/plugins/geronimo-xmlbeans-plugin-1.0- 
>> M1.jar.md5
>> java-repository/geronimo/wars/geronimo-console-web-1.0-M1.war
>> java-repository/geronimo/wars/geronimo-console-web-1.0-M1.war.md5
>> java-repository/geronimo/wars/geronimo-jmxdebug-1.0-M1.war
>> java-repository/geronimo/wars/geronimo-jmxdebug-1.0-M1.war.md5
>> wrote 1029 bytes  read 4006710 bytes  471498.71 bytes/sec
>> total size is 5217290542  speedup is 1301.80
>
> -- 
> Mark Diggory
> Software Developer
> Harvard MIT Data Center
> http://www.hmdc.harvard.edu


Mime
View raw message