www-repository mailing list archives

From Michael Davey <Michael.Da...@coderage.org>
Subject Re: URI syntax
Date Mon, 03 May 2004 23:10:53 GMT
Adam R. B. Jack wrote:

>"Michael Davey" <Michael.Davey@coderage.org> wrote:
>

>>I'd like to suggest some changes to the URI Syntax document:
>><http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?ASFRepository/URISyntax>
>>

>Do your changes need to be mandated, or could they be recommendations? If
>the former, what problem are you trying to solve?

The change to "organization" would be a recommendation.  I guess the
word MAY could be capitalised like for RFCs
(http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2119.txt) to emphasise that this is optional.

I'd suggest that the change to "project" be a mandate.  The change could
be considered a clarification to improve consistency in naming.  The
alternative would be to let, say, Commons Net define their project as
"commons-net" while Commons IO may choose to call their project simply "io".

--
Michael