www-repository mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>
Subject Re: URI classification by subject
Date Mon, 03 May 2004 22:09:23 GMT
> How will the repository deal with things like organization name and
> product name changing after some products have been added to the
> repository?

First off, I think we need to solve this for Apache first, and not worry too
much about other organizations.

Second, change happens. Sure, it is somewhat predictable (sub-project to
project, project to TLP) but names change, other changes happen. Within
CVS/SVN repositories we cope with it manually (I believe), I don't expect
anything better from this effort early on.

Personally speaking, I'm not wanting to shoot for perfect, just some
practical and scaleable (including management).

regards

Adam