www-repository mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: cvs.apache.org SNAPSHOT repository (was: Re: [vote] Nominate Ibiblio Content Manager)
Date Sat, 13 Mar 2004 20:55:09 GMT

Mark R. Diggory later wrote in the original thread:

> I just created it a few moments ago. You should have write access there.

> If your using your own workstation to build using Maven, then you can
> set your central-repository property to point to
>   maven.repo.central=minotaur.apache.org
>   maven.repo.central.directory=/www/cvs.apache.org/repository/
> Incubator can gladly be the first to start producing builds here. This
> is not mirrored, there is no concern about making changes if you screw
> up a deploy here.

I think that last point is important for infrastructure to know.  And please
correct me if I am wrong, but my understanding is that the clients (maven in
this case) will check that location, but only download if they need
something that hasn't been cached.  Therefore this shouldn't be a big
bandwidth issue.

	--- Noel