www-repository mailing list archives

From Patrick Chanezon <Patrick.Chane...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Thoughts on CJAN
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2004 16:51:21 GMT
Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:

>>> It's such an undertaking that it might be good to have a JSR around
>>> it but
>>> that could take so long :(.
>>

>> Yes, an by that time, I doubt a JSR would be of value because there
>>
> Nothing stop you from do first - and document in a JSR later.
>
> Dw

Usual disclaimers: this is a personal opinion and does not necessarily
reflect the opinion of my employer (Sun ;-)

Another option is to start a JSR now, as the Apache implementation
matures, in order to get the standardization process started and involve
interested parties.
Jason you don't need to wait for Sun in order to start a JSR on that
topic: Maven defined this area and one use case for such a repository,
ie dependency management for building a project.
The JCP is open and Apache could propose a JSR based on what you have today.

P@