www-repository mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@latte.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: adding jaxme jars
Date Mon, 08 Mar 2004 22:20:00 GMT

robert burrell donkin wrote:

> hi mark
>
> i've given it a go myself but i have a few questions and i'd appreciate
> it if you'd check my work so far.
>
> On 7 Mar 2004, at 16:18, Mark R. Diggory wrote:
>
>> You need to establish what your groups id will be. The current naming
>> trend for Apache "xml" projects has been a bit haphazard.
>>
>> xercies
>> xml-security
>> xml-resolver
>> xalan
>>
>> Some standardization here would be good. But that will not effect maven.
>

> i've had a chat on IRC and gone for apache-jaxme
>
>> There is currently a problem with Maven publishing to a BSD system and
>> md5 signature generation, if you do not want to use maven to do the
>> publishing then these are the tasks you need to complete:
>>
>> 1.) The easiest way right now is for you to place the jars into
>>
>> java-repository/xml-jaxme/jars/...
>

> gone (but apache-jaxme rather than xml-jaxme)
>
>> 2.) Generate an md5 signature for each one in the same directory. For
>> instance as an examples
>>
>> "md5 xml-jaxme-1.0.jar > xml-jaxme-1.0.jar.md5" will produce:
>>
>> java-repository/xml-jaxme/jars/xml-jaxme-1.0.jar
>> java-repository/xml-jaxme/jars/xml-jaxme-1.0.jar.md5
>

> done
>
>> 3.) Generate the following symlinks the above files from
>>
>> java-repository/xml-jaxme/jars/xml-jaxme-SNAPSHOT.jar
>> java-repository/xml-jaxme/jars/xml-jaxme-SNAPSHOT.jar.md5
>

> done
>
>> 4.) and create a file
>>
>> java-repository/xml-jaxme/jars/xml-jaxme-snapshot-version with the
>> contents "1.0"
>

> these releases are versioned 0.2: should this file contain 0.2 (since it
> refers to the version of the jars) or 1.0 (since it's a mavenesque
> version number)

It would be wise, so yes, apache-jaxme-0.2.jar

>> 5.) use the following "POM" in the
>>
>> java-repository/xml-jaxme/poms/project/pom
>> <project>
>>   <pomVersion>3</pomVersion>
>>   <id>xml-jaxme</id>
>>   <name>xml-jaxme</name>
>>   <currentVersion>1.0</currentVersion>
>>   <organization>
>>     <name>Apache Software Foundation</name>
>>     <url>www.apache.org</url>
>>   </organization>
>>   <licenses>
>>     <license>
>>       <name>ASL 2.0</name>
>>       <url>???????</url>
>>       <comments>???????</comments>
>>     </license>
>>   </licenses>
>> </project>
>

> there are a number of jar in the release. i'd been working on the theory
> that each needs a separate artifact id. what should the contents of the
> file be in this case?
>
> - robert

Yes, it should look like:

/java-repository/apache-jaxme/jars/<artifact>-<version>.jar

/java-repository/apache-jaxme/poms/project/pom

<project>
    <pomVersion>3</pomVersion>
    <groupId>apache-jaxme</groupId>
    <name>Apache Jaxme</name>
    <currentVersion>0.2</currentVersion>
    <organization>
      <name>Apache Software Foundation</name>
      <url>www.apache.org</url>
    </organization>
    <licenses>
      <license>
        <name>ASL 2.0</name>
        <url>http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0</url>
      </license>
    </licenses>
  </project>

sound good, I'll take a look in the directory and verify all looks well.

--
Mark Diggory
Software Developer