www-repository mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@latte.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: adding jaxme jars
Date Sun, 07 Mar 2004 16:18:24 GMT
I can setup this if you point me at the jars, however, here are the
steps if you want to explore it yourself right now:

---

You need to establish what your groups id will be. The current naming
trend for Apache "xml" projects has been a bit haphazard.

xercies
xml-security
xml-resolver
xalan

Some standardization here would be good. But that will not effect maven.

There is currently a problem with Maven publishing to a BSD system and
md5 signature generation, if you do not want to use maven to do the
publishing then these are the tasks you need to complete:

1.) The easiest way right now is for you to place the jars into

java-repository/xml-jaxme/jars/...

2.) Generate an md5 signature for each one in the same directory. For
instance as an examples

"md5 xml-jaxme-1.0.jar > xml-jaxme-1.0.jar.md5" will produce:

java-repository/xml-jaxme/jars/xml-jaxme-1.0.jar
java-repository/xml-jaxme/jars/xml-jaxme-1.0.jar.md5

3.) Generate the following symlinks the above files from

java-repository/xml-jaxme/jars/xml-jaxme-SNAPSHOT.jar
java-repository/xml-jaxme/jars/xml-jaxme-SNAPSHOT.jar.md5

4.) and create a file

java-repository/xml-jaxme/jars/xml-jaxme-snapshot-version with the
contents "1.0"

5.) use the following "POM" in the

java-repository/xml-jaxme/poms/project/pom
<project>
   <pomVersion>3</pomVersion>
   <id>xml-jaxme</id>
   <name>xml-jaxme</name>