www-repository mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject RE: Thoughts on CJAN
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2004 18:20:25 GMT
Hi,

What aspects of these models make them successful?

> Given that, I started to research the existence of a CJAN project, and
> of course, immediately found:
>
> http://www.cjan.org/

Looks like they are a little over a year old.

> Ultimately, I wonder how much "larger" than Apache re such efforts as
> this? We should seriously consider establishing a "standards" community
> to establish supporting efforts such as this.
> CJAN been hard at work with alot of "documentation effort". What are
> individuals thoughts on this project and its model?
>
> http://sourceforge.net/docman/?group_id=41872

I looked through the documentation and the proposals really are not
much.  They're one pager brain dumps of nice to haves and standards that
are to be followed.  There really is not much to cjan.org at this point
besides the web fa├žade and the sf.net project.

Alex