www-repository mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@latte.harvard.edu>
Subject RE: Thoughts on CJAN
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2004 21:08:13 GMT
On Tue, 2004-03-16 at 15:02, Alex Karasulu wrote:
> > So really, who cares about CJAN. The spec that goes defacto is the one
> > manifest in the mechanism used by the most people. Unless of course SUN
> > steps in at some point and tries to propose a JSR which wouldn't
> > surprise me at all.
>
> It's such an undertaking that it might be good to have a JSR around it but
> that could take so long :(.
>
> Alex

Yes, an by that time, I doubt a JSR would be of value because there
would already be tools and specs in place and used by the community... I
suspect a JSR would be valuable if the network existed already and we
were talking about native support for resolving and downloading
dependencies in the J2RE/SDK.

--
Mark R. Diggory
Software Developer - VDC Project