www-repository mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@latte.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: Developer Repository
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2004 19:47:32 GMT
While discussiong things with the Avalon folks concerning their dist
contents, I'm having the following thought.

www.apache.org/dist is primarily for mirroring Apache certified
releases, and the maven repository contains snapshots and daily builds
primarily for Developers (plus releases).

It would seem more logical given this reguard to actually have the
repository outside of dist in a separate directory like
http://www.apache.org/repository and have this be separately mirrored by
ibiblio for the canonical maven repository and others who want it.

Now that I see it, this is placing alot of developer content that may
change more often than that of the official releases into the apache
mirrors. I suspect the mirror folks, and mirrors themselves may be
adverse to this?

-Mark

--
Mark Diggory