www-repository mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>
Subject Re: Developer Repository
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2004 22:58:51 GMT

> Seems that client side caching (esp. in mirrors) will make that

Sure - but that is a choise; it is the authoritatie/origin and
bootstrapping which count.

> client to look elsewhere.

Right - have a look at DDDS, rfc3401-5 - it goes a long way towards
solving that 'look elswhere' yet maintian auuthoritative control. If RFC
reading is not for you - let me know and I can package some java code
which 'does' it.

> I suspect the ideas coming out of the URISyntax will alleviate some of
> this stuff. But possibly also having some sort of mirror/discovery
> mechanism would also be beneficial?

This is where things like DDDS could come in - and the ability to ask
'about' a URL rather than that URL. It is very easy and quick once you get
the syntax in place.

Dw