www-repository mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>
Subject Re: Developer Repository
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2004 22:30:19 GMT

> Yes, the "default" value for the location of the central repository in
> Maven points to www.ibiblio.org/maven, and this is indeed configurable
> (in acouple of different plug-ins currently).

We propably at some point will have to do a very careful review; and see
if it not makes more sense to make that an asf domain entry; even if
the first thing which happen is a re-direct which is cached client side
for a 'long' term. As I'd hate think what would happen if we have to pull
a certain file (say due to an honest error or oversight) and then have a
tool from our -own- making not follow through ' in the field' due to it
going to an outside URL.

> (Yes, it would be fun to see a plug-in which automatically seeks out the
> nearest mirrored respository).

Well - that is a lofty goal.

> Yes, this sounds like the direction the "repository" folks are heading
> it with the directory structure, in the meantime however...

Just get your shoulders under it - and get it to work. Federation is not
-that- complex.

Dw