www-repository mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>
Subject Re: Developer Repository
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2004 18:28:37 GMT

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004, Mark R. Diggory wrote:

> If I have circumvented any authority of the group in setting up the
> ibiblio contents in the dist directory, my apologies.

Do not worry - just keep on communicating; better to see things getting
fixed than not done at all.

However _do_ bear in mind that 'releases' are special to the foundation;
i.e. it is from here that the code for 'which we are on the hook' is
officially distributed. So a higher standard applies. (And, backtracking,
this is one of the key reasons we want to make sure that the official
releases, i.e. the developer blessed output of the apache community are
originating from one clear place; and a place which is demonstratably
under our control - and over which we have effective and timely 'pull the
plug' power if needed.  As it is that very aspect which, together with our
license and procedures, keeps issues like willfull infringement at bay.)

> I'm currently working to resolve the obvious messiness in the
> java-repository directory.

Keep up the good work, also looking forward to seeing the pgp, gpg or
xml-sig signatures going in; that has been an area talked about for years
;-) good to see action.

DW