www-repository mailing list archives

From "Anou Manavalan" <anou_m...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Anywhere near concensus?
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2003 15:00:29 GMT
Thinking about the sub project hierarchies, like lets say 'Depot' goes under
Jakarta and it has its own sub projects like 'Ruper' and 'Version' then the
repository in the form[1] will have problems accomadating them.

That said, I don't want to give up the simple fact of clear separation of
"/" between the specifiers.

Does any one see a problem in this one ?

1.  product-specifier = organisation "/" project-specifier
     organisation = pchar+
     project -specifier = project ["/" project]*
     project = pchar+

* - for 0 or more

regards,
-Anou

>From: "Tim Anderson" <tma@netspace.net.au>
>To: <repository@apache.org>
>Subject: Anywhere near concensus?
>Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 14:42:35 +1100
>
>Is there any concensus out there that the
>repository URI proposals are the right/wrong way to go?
>
>The only sticking point I'm aware of at the moment, is
>the product-specifier part of the URI, i.e,
>     repository-uri = access-specifier "/" product-specifier "/"
>                      version-specifier "/" artifact-specifier
>
>1.  product-specifier = organisation "/" project
>     organisation = pchar+
>     project = pchar+
>
>     OR
>
>2.  product-specifier = path_segments
>
>So far, form [1] seems to be preferred as it supports URI parsing.
>I prefer [2] as it allows better representation of project
>heirarchies.
>I'm attaching a sample repository structure for [1].
>A sample for [2] can be found here:
>
>http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=repository@apache.org&ms
>gNo=490
>
>If someone with a public webspace can extract them both (Adam?),
>that would be great.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Tim
>
><< repoform1.tar.gz >>

Wonder if the latest virus has gotten to your computer? Find out. Run the
FREE McAfee online computer scan!