www-repository mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: licensing issues for virtual artifacts (was RE: click through license support?)
Date Sat, 22 Nov 2003 23:40:58 GMT
> Suppose ASF has the following link in the repository:
>   http://repo.apache.org/sun/jndi/1.2.1/jars/jndi-1.2.1.jar
> This is a virtual artifact, not hosted at ASF.

I do not like the idea of virtual artifacts.  I think that the meta-data for
any component that needs a foreign artifact should contain the information
needed by some tool.  I don't think that we want to include foreign
components in the ASF namespace.  In fact, there is a situation right now
where someone else has done that to the ASF, and we're not happy about it.

	--- Noel