www-repository mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: click through license support?
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2003 18:23:07 GMT
> I'm taking about downloading the whole thing from the sun site as
> users manually do. So there is effectively no distribuition
> difference.

You would have to pass through the license request to the user.  It would be
a bad idea for the tool to pose as a user without requiring user approval of
the actual license.

Not sure if you've already said that; just making sure that it gets noted.

Nick has a point that this is more of a tools discussion.  Any reference to
a click-through license would come from meta-data describing the location of
a dependency.

	--- Noel