www-repository mailing list archives

From "Anou Manavalan" <anou_m...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Proposals
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2003 15:01:52 GMT
I am not sure if my earlier mail made it to the list, I really want to see a
different view of the URI

It seems like we are inclining towards the already existing "Maven" kind of
URI. It has already proven its existence, instead of repeating the same
thing, may be we should try to find a better one. How to make it more user
friendly, better than what we have.

As I stated earlier, most of the project names don't say what they are
trying to solve, and there are a lot of different projects that try to solve
almost the same problem like xerces, crimson... (we could have lot of legacy
projects with new ones coming in, but they all aim to solve one specific
thing)  why not group them all together, make it easy for the user to go to
one place and decide on what they want. And the user need not know the
project per say and all they need to know is what they want to solve.

regards,
-Anou

>From: dion@multitask.com.au
>To: repository@apache.org
>Subject: RE: Proposals
>Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 12:43:17 +1100
>
>No.
>
>In Maven, it's the artifact type, e.g. jar(s), war(s) exe(s).
>
>I thought we'd been over this one before.
>--
>dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
>Blog:      http://blogs.codehaus.org/people/dion/
>Pub Key:http://blogs.codehaus.org/people/dion/public-key.asc
>

>"Noel J. Bergman" <noel@devtech.com> wrote on 07/11/2003 11:01:29 AM:

> > Is jars/ to be <platform>/ for the non-Java crowd?
> >
> >    --- Noel

Is your computer infected with a virus?  Find out with a FREE computer virus
scan from McAfee.  Take the FreeScan now!