www-repository mailing list archives

From "Tim Anderson" <...@netspace.net.au>
Subject RE: Use of '/' in ???-specifier's
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2003 19:56:09 GMT
> From: Nick Chalko [mailto:nick@chalko.com]
>
> Tim Anderson wrote:
>
> >>http://repo.apache.org/alpha/alpha/alpha/alpha/alpha/alpha.jar
> >>http://repo.apache.org/1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9.jar
> >>
> >>We really need to harden the URI spec a little and the "/"  is a
> >>good start.
> >>

> I missed that the "jars" or type dir was required.
> what about,
>
> http://repo.apache.org/1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/pgp/KEYS
> http://repo.apache.org/alpha/alpha/alpha/alpha/alpha/pgp/KEYS
> I suppose this is the version named Alpha of the alpha/alpha project.
> Or is it the alpha release of the version named alpha of the
> project named alpha or..
>

> These are silly examples, but lets try to prevent at least some of them.

OK. If the organisation is limited back to a single path segment,
and assuming the repository is rooted at http://repo.apache.org,
then the above would be invalid as the:
. first 2 path segments are the organisation and project
. 3rd path segment is the version (limited to 1 segment as it doesn't
  meet the criteria for interim builds [1])
. last 2 path segments are the key-artifact artifact-specifier [2]

-Tim

[1]
http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?ASFRepository/CommonBuildVersio
nSpecifier