www-repository mailing list archives

From "Tim Anderson" <...@netspace.net.au>
Subject RE: [proposal] common build version specifier - v0.1
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2003 21:29:32 GMT
> From: Nick Chalko [mailto:nick@chalko.com]
>
> http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?ASFRepository/CommonB
> uildVersionSpecifier
> Currently has
> version-specifier = build
>  build = formal-build | interim-build
>  formal-build = [formal-build-designation "/"] version
> interim-build = interim-build-designation "/" version [ "/"
> interim-version ]
> interim-version = timestamp | latest
> formal-build-designation = "release" | ...
> interim-build-designation = "interim" | "nightly" | "snapshot" | ...
> version = version-name | latest
> version-name = pchar+
> timestamp = YYYYMMDD ["." HHMM [SS]]
> latest = "latest"
>

> I think we need  (not sure of syntax)
>
> version-name  =  (~ formal-build-designation & ~
> interim-build-designation & ~ latest )  & pchar+
>
> In other words if  formal-build-designation is optional then  we can't
> name a version "release", "latest","snapshot"  etc.
>
> Seems a reasonable restriction but we must annotate it.

Not sure either. Yours could be simplified to:
  version-name = pchar+ & ~(formal-build-designation |
                            interim-build-designation | latest)

Also, formal-build-designation and interim-build-designation
could be tightened to remove "...", although this prevents
extension.

-Tim

(off till Thursday. No more noise from me till then :)