www-repository mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <bpor...@f2network.com.au>
Subject RE: Proposals
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2003 00:14:00 GMT
Maven's is

http://<host>/<group>/<artifact_type>s/<id>[-<version>][-<release_type>].<ar
tifact_type>

Which should cover all platforms (as artifact_type can be dll, jar,
maven-plugin, doc, etc).
This also means http://repo.apache.org/org.apache.xerces can be the single
place to download Xerces in C++, Java, cobol, whatever.
I imagined the <type> described below is a release type (dev, beta,
SNAPSHOT?)

I thought it looked familiar ;)

The proposal should probably have a way to archive really old
versions/snapshots in such a way that tools can still find them without
modification, but that the directory doesn't get too cluttered and is easy
to continue searching (org.apache.jakarta.commons would be a nightmare).

Cheers,
Brett