www-repository mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Use of '/' in ???-specifier's
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2003 00:55:21 GMT

Nick Chalko wrote:

> Tim Anderson wrote:
>
>> For advocates of URI parsing, what problems are you trying
>> to solve?
>>

>    * Discovery of  "what is available"
>    * Repository exploring.
>    * Auto cleanup of repositories.
>

> The URI spec is too loose.

I completely agree.

But I just want to add that all I want is either (a) a simple structural
spec that does not imply more the 20 mins of concentration, or (b)
something auto-explanitory ... a.k.a. server side meta (which acording
to me is in scope relative to the objective of qualifying and
differentiating organization, artifact, version and all of the other
semantics that are currently being generalized.

Today - we are not in the 20 min spectrum.

Stephen.

--

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org