www-repository mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: click through license support?
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2003 17:30:18 GMT

dion@multitask.com.au wrote:
> I don't think a repository for distributing jars fits the requirements for
> (i) or (ii), and may possibly break (iii).
>
> And I don't think the ASF would like to agree to (vi).

Well, IIUC it's because it's a jar repo you are talking about. I'm
taking about downloading the whole thing from the sun site as users
manually do. So there is effectively no distribuition difference.

I am aware that you guys know more about this because you have been
pushing for this for such a long time. It's just that the issue was
about distributing the jar, and thought that getting the whole
distribution would be ok.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -