www-repository mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: URI Syntax: nightly and release builds
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2003 02:55:20 GMT

Tim Anderson wrote:

>OK - so it should be at part of the java artifact specifier proposal [1],
>or do you envision another layer?

I don't think this is java specific - its software development process
specific.  My current thinking is that it is a langauge independent
layer is sufficient (mainly because I think I have resolved how to do
everything I want relative to java based on these two layers).

>The URI Syntax proposal [2] that the above extends is becoming a little
>thin.

That's fine.
It just means we have a simple and specific specification dealing with a
simple and specific abstaction.

Cheers, Stephen.

--

Stephen J. McConnell