www-repository mailing list archives

From Michal Maczka <mmac...@interia.pl>
Subject Re: [proposal] java artifact specifier v0.1
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2003 12:16:10 GMT
Tim Anderson wrote:

>>From: Stephen McConnell [mailto:mcconnell@apache.org]
>>
>>Michal Maczka wrote:
>>

>>>IMHO "type" directory  should be mandatory
>>>

>>+1
>>

>-1 for reasons outlined previously in
>http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=repository@apache.org&ms
>gNo=312

You mean your example with index.html?

I am repating that for me this file is not an artifacts.

We can imagine that we will have repositories accssible via ftp://
file://  scp:// , cvs://
In such repositiries "index.html" is rather useless

My intutitive definition of artifacts is:
a) Artifact is a file which you would like to see in any of those type
of repositories mentioned above
b) Artifact is a file which is in some sense intresting for
computers/tools (and possibly for humans)

index.html is not such file.

So I am still +1 for directories per type

regards
Michal