www-repository mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>
Subject Re: licensing issues for virtual artifacts (was RE: click through license support?)
Date Sun, 23 Nov 2003 21:02:27 GMT

> I'm the Apache JCP rep, and have had some talks with Sun about this
> issue.  The object is to get a formal agreement from Sun to allow us to
> do this, without us having to try and interpret the license agreement.

+1 to short circuit this and directly arrange the right thing with SUN; an
das the ASF simply document a permission with them.

We've got every indication from them that they _want_ these sort of things
to be fixed - and not be a hurdle. I expect there to be enough trust
between us and SUN that we can move the way/place/method of the click
through.

I've head that Jason has been having similar covnerstation - may be good
for you two to sync up and make sure there is no overlap.

Dw