www-repository mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <jvan...@maven.org>
Subject RE: Comments on URI Syntax
Date Sun, 09 Nov 2003 16:48:11 GMT
On Sun, 2003-11-09 at 02:22, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> Jason,
>
> I think that Tim's ideas were pretty well-thought out and reflect a workable
> consensus.  The changes you are making to his ideas, if I read the
> correctly, are to mandate a couple of things that he did not rule out, but
> permitted to remain optional.  Having them as optional does not strike me as
> a problem.
>
> Best practices can always suggest that optional elements be used, and we'll
> discover in practice how broadly the rule(s) should apply.
>
> We should make sure that folks like William Rowe and others who have
> commented on the repository structure lately take a look at, and provide
> feedback on, Tim's layout.

If someone else wants to act as secretary that's cool but I wanted to
try and collect the ideas expressed so far in a small document. I'm not
a huge fan of the wiki. If someone else has started some coherent
documentation I won't step on anyone's toes but I'll help codify any
existing docs there are.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl