www-repository mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2003 16:23:05 GMT
>   http://repo.apache.org/apache/commons-logging/1.0.3/index.html
>
> Clearly, this is only useful to users browsing the repository,
> and therefore makes no sense to include the version information.

On index.html, wouldn't we discourage the use of this? Wouldn't we want the
HTTP server to do a directory listing, so publishers wouldn't have to update
it every time? Also, if we are to allow/support automatic remote publishing,
not having to lock/update an index.html would be a bonus.

Parsing HTML (simple or fancy) to find "links that are children" is pretty
trivial, so it probably wouldn't matter (to clients who are going to have to
do this anyway) but it probably matters to publishers.

regards

Adam