www-repository mailing list archives

From Nick Chalko <n...@chalko.com>
Subject Re: re Group was Argrement #1? : Layout (aka URL)
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2003 01:29:02 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote:

>>Given Noel's concern about Top Level Project and projects moving.
>>I think that leaves us with the java package name.
>>

>Why?

So lets go back to the start.
What sould the "group" part be.  The java pakcage name works for me.

>>Also to keep the listing smaller can group  be something like
>>/apache/commons/beantuils  or must it be apache-comons-beanutils.

>Do we have conflicts within Apache?

There is jakarta commons   and apache commons, not sure if it is a real
conflict.

But my question is can the the <group> part have subdirs  or must a
<group> be a legal file name,  Can we use / as a seperator or must we use -.

R,
Nick