www-repository mailing list archives

From Nick Chalko <n...@chalko.com>
Subject Re: URI Syntax was: Repository
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2003 21:38:36 GMT
dion@multitask.com.au wrote:

>>= Special versions. =
>>Most people agree we should support  Latest (released), and Nightly,
>>along with the normal released builds
>>

>Maven also has 'SNAPSHOT' which is similar in context to Nightly, but not
>necessarily built on a nightly basis.

+1

>>The part  still needs to be decided is the project name.
>>

>Since this is an ASF repo, isn't the ASF project name enough?

I think I would still prefix it with apache, so that other organizations
can  follow our pattern with out conflicts.  Also allowing other
repositories to host artifacts from multiple orginizations.

There is still some naming details to work out.  An apache project can
be a very big thing.
Take  the CLI project in Jakarta  commons   that would be
apache-jakarta-commons-cli
vs the pacakge name   org.apache.commons.cli

R,
Nick
PS gald we are talking about this.  I find naming things to often be the
hardest and most important part of a design.