www-repository mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] follow apache mirror layout convention
Date Thu, 08 May 2003 06:50:34 GMT

Leo Simons wrote, On 07/05/2003 20.48:
> Hi gang,
>
> I propose we start following the apache mirror layout convention as
> designed by the infrastructure team, including the amendment voted upon
> by the repository@apache.org. I volunteer to do so (aw!). Details below.

I've quickly looked at the proposal, and it's the same proposal as my
last mail on repository@apache.org, which is the same as Costin's.

Is it correct? For me it's easier to understand diffs than reread all
the "code"/proposal ;-)

Anyway, the main point, which is what I want, is that we have:

1 - mirroring layout
2 - maven layout compatible
3 - consistent naming
4 - symlinks instead of copying

The next thing I would like to see is the use of the mirroring script as
an entry point for the repository.
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer-auto.cgi  could do like
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi but instead directly point to the
mirror.

Also the use of md5s as Maven does or that it verifiues the integrity of
the downloaded files using signatures downloaded from our main
distribution directory.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -