www-repository mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cos...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Re: [VOTE] distribute the compiled .jar binaries as part of the /dist]
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2003 22:08:56 GMT
On Tue, 8 Apr 2003, Nick Chalko wrote:

> I almost missed this thread.
>
> The jar repository issue continues.

Except it's no longer the "jar repository issue" :-)

Just "use the /dist layout the way it is supposed to" - i.e
to distribute our releases.

Jars are just one type of binary - and I think it should follow
the same rules as .exe and .so and .tgz files ( from the point
of view of the /dist layout ).

If one or another repository is defined and distributes some
jars in whatever layout - that's wonderfull, but so far all I'm
concerned is that releases go to /dist, including binaries ( like .jars ).

Costin