www-repository mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cos...@apache.org>
Subject Re: What should me in the MetaData
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2003 20:18:46 GMT
On Thu, 6 Mar 2003, Nick Chalko wrote:

> I'll start the discussion with what John Toohey said.
>
> In both html and xml format
>
>     * list of available versions,
>     * their MD5's,
>     * dependencies,
>     * perhpas a
>     * code for licenses

Html format - I suppose you mean a easy-to-read page describing the
package. Good idea.

XML - please don't invent yet-another DTD and please don't duplicate
what is already there.

Our jars should include proper manifests, and if not - we should just
use the same format as the standard manifest. The manifest defines
the MD5, dependencies, version.

There is also the Gump descriptor that includes a lot of info - so
if an XML format is to be used, I think a subset ( or superset ) of this
should be used, we already have collected dependency info for all
the projects.

Costin