www-repository mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [proposal] repository URI format
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2003 08:35:53 GMT

dion@multitask.com.au wrote, On 10/03/2003 9.32:

> There's plenty of code in Maven for the straight URI alternative.

And plenty in Ruper too, and also with multiple protocol support...

But that's not the point. distributed repositories, license
considerations, naming clashes between conventions, all of these and
others clearly indicate that we need metadata, and we need it in a
tool-agnostic way.

BTW, do you think you could invite here the Maven developers that are
discussing now about these issues on the Maven list, so we can get an
act together?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -