www-repository mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [proposal] repository URI format
Date Sun, 09 Mar 2003 17:55:02 GMT
Use case:

build.xml
---------
<!-- use ant 1.5.1 -->
<project>
    <target name="download-somefile">
        <get src="http://something.easy/somefile.jar"
dest="lib/somefile.jar" />
    </target>

    <target name="compile" depends="download-somefile">
    <!-- blah -->
    </target>
</project>

My only option atm is to use the maven repo for
http://something.easy/somefile.jar,
which is suboptimal for reasons detailed in my posts to community. I will be
happy with any solution which satisfies my usecase. I'm sceptical wrt
the ease
of use and usability at all of xml descriptors from a "manual download"
and/or
standard ant-1.5.1.

But feel free to amaze me, just make sure you're not writing the code
for the
sake of the beauty of the code :)

- Leo