www-release-discuss mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question on release process - making release public by svn move
Date Sat, 03 Mar 2012 09:20:33 GMT
On Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 04:02, Daniel Shahaf <danielsh@apache.org> wrote:

> 1)
> svnmucc -m logmsg -U https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/   \
>        mv dev/subversion/subversion-1.7.4.tar.bz2         \
>           release/subversion/subversion-1.7.4.tar.bz2     \
>        mv dev/subversion/subversion-1.7.4.tar.bz2.asc     \
>           release/subversion/subversion-1.7.4.tar.bz2.asc
>
> 2)
> svn mv https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/subversion/subversion-1.7.4.tar.bz2 \
>       https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/subversion/subversion-1.7.4.tar.bz2.asc
\
>       https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/subversion/
>
> 3)
> svn mv https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/subversion/1.7.4/ \
>       https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/subversion/
>
> 4)
> svn mv https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/subversion/1.7.4/ \
>       https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/subversion/1.7.4/
>
> Does that answer your question?

I work on the same project as you, Daniel, and even for me, that was
certainly.... opaque.

Looks like you are providing four different alternatives to move from
"development review" to "release". Did I get that right?

A bit of exposition would be nice.

Thanks,
-g