www-release-discuss mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: Separating distribution and maven artifacts in Nexus staging repo?
Date Sat, 06 Nov 2010 12:52:46 GMT

On 11/5/2010 3:00 PM, Jukka Zitting wrote:
> Hi,
> On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 7:18 PM, Marshall Schor <msa@schor.com> wrote:
>> Let the Nexus uploads to the staging repository occur for these artifacts; this
>> will add the checksums. [...] This seems to require the least special maven
>> POM code.
> Another alternative that we use in Jackrabbit, Tika and PDFBox is to
> simply disable deployment (using the skip option of the deploy plugin)
> of the top level reactor project that produces the source release
> package. This way the package never hits the staging repository, but
> we still get the GPG signatures with no extra configuration.

The other thing needed, when you do eventually push these artifacts to the
apache-distr spot, is to have the checksums created.  This is normally done
using the deploy plugin, so if you disable this using "skip", what do you use to
add the checksums?

> BR,
> Jukka Zitting

View raw message