www-mirrors mailing list archives

From Brett Bourquin <Brett.Bourq...@walmart.com>
Subject Mirrors seem to be missing older versions of Tomcat project
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2018 15:39:49 GMT
I was looking through the mirrors this morning and noted that they seem to be missing other
versions of tomcat except for the newest published version.  For example http://www-us.apache.org/dist/tomcat/tomcat-7/
only contains 7.0.90 rather than older published versions. Other examples seem to be similar.

Running a wget returned back a 404 for version 7.0.88:
----
wget http://www-us.apache.org/dist/tomcat/tomcat-7/v7.0.88/bin/apache-tomcat-7.0.88.tar.gz

--2018-08-29 10:17:44--  http://www-us.apache.org/dist/tomcat/tomcat-7/v7.0.88/bin/apache-tomcat-7.0.88.tar.gz
2018-08-29 10:17:44 ERROR 404: Not Found.

---
Running a wget returned back a 200 for version 7.0.90:
---
wget http://www-us.apache.org/dist/tomcat/tomcat-7/v7.0.90/bin/apache-tomcat-7.0.90.tar.gz

--2018-08-29 10:38:22--  http://www-us.apache.org/dist/tomcat/tomcat-7/v7.0.90/bin/apache-tomcat-7.0.90.tar.gz
Length: 9094712 (8.7M) [application/x-gzip]
Saving to: ‘apache-tomcat-7.0.90.tar.gz’
---

 I didn't know if this was by design, and if so were can I find that information or if I should
reach out to the tomcat mailing list to see if this was a recent change from that project.

- Brett Bourquin