www-mirrors mailing list archives

From "Henk P. Penning" <penn...@uu.nl>
Subject Re: Is possible to lunched Appache mirror in iran
Date Tue, 30 May 2017 07:10:37 GMT
On Sun, 28 May 2017, Ahamed Bauani wrote:

> Date: Sun, 28 May 2017 14:33:19 +0200
> From: Ahamed Bauani <bauani@gmail.com>
> To: mirrors@apache.org
> Subject: Re: Is possible to lunched Appache mirror in iran

> Apache Foundation do not influence on any political issue. As long as there is
> no technical issue with mirrors and all requirement of having an official mirror
> are meet, everybody welcome to host apache official mirror.
>
> Same is for anyone living on Iran.
>
> Welcome to the world of freedom.
>
> Regards & Best Wishes
>
> Noor Ahamed Bauani

Hi Ahamed Bauani,

   The Board of the ASF (apache.org) orders me /not/
   to add mirrors in Iran to the mirror-list.

   I think the Board is afraid that the USA-government /may/
   think it is illegal to add mirrors in Iran to the list.

   It is very expensive to fight the USA-government
   in court, even if you have done nothing wrong ;
   so to be safe, it must be avoided.

   Regards,

   Henk Penning

Henk P. Penning, ICT-beta                 R Uithof HFG-406   _/ \_
Budapestlaan 6, 3584CD Utrecht, NL        F +31 30 253 4553 \_/ \_/
http://www.staff.science.uu.nl/~penni101/ M penning@uu.nl     \_/